Total Credits: 10
Level: Level 4
Target Students: Students studying MSc Food Production Management Available to JYA/Erasmus students.
|Spring||Assessed by end of Spring Semester|
Summary of Content: This module covers a series of business and legal topics that are directly relevant to those working in the global food industry and in particular those trading ingredients and finished products on a management level. Each topic is introduced through the delivery of traditional lectures, podcasts, videoed lectures or directed reading of the subject matter. Topics covered may include: Global food economics, lean management techniques, supply chain in food practice, regulation and legislation in food, international aspects; import and export food, business planning, innovation management in the food industry, food safety risk analysis, food marketing strategies, business finance and support
Method and Frequency of Class:
|Activity||Number Of Weeks||Number of sessions||Duration of a session|
|Lecture||12 weeks||1 per week||2 hours|
Method of Assessment:
|Exam 1||100||Two Hours.|
Part A: Short answer questions 5 out of 7 (50%). Part B: Long answer question. 1 out of 2 (50%).
Dr J Jia
Education Aims: This module aims to: increase theoretical knowledge of business skills required in the global food or associated industries; consolidate learning from other areas of the course by putting them into a business framework.
On successful completion of the module, the students will be able to:
• Illustrate a range of considerations in relation to the global food industry;
• Apply approaches to integrating material across a range of subjects;
• Demonstrate a skill set of terminology and practical knowledge that will be essential for a future career in Global food industry related-disciplines;
• Be aware of the importance of financial and efficiencies within business transactions and to have the ability to summarise these issues and make recommendations;
• Efficiently search information pertinent to the task in hand and to use their conceptual understanding of the area to identify the key factors within a limiting time.
Offering School: Biosciences
Use the Back facility of your browser to return to the previous page.
Search for another module
Return to The University of Nottingham Welcome Page